Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A day in the life of Kailly and N!

Hey all. Kailly here, and N too!
 
We are currently in our living room completely surrounded by toys, blocks, Mickey Mouse stuffies and music toys. I love playing with N with all of her toys. Her eyes light up, she reaches and grabs everything, and her giggle echoes through the room. I do not, however, like when a toy turns on across the room. You see, N and I were just playing with blocks. We stack them in towers and she demolishes them (well, in reality, she gently pokes the tower with her index finger. Eventually, she hits it hard enough that it sways and tumbles.) Anyway, we are playing with our block towers, when a monkey toy starts laughing across the room. N and I stare at eachother. I let out a nervous chuckle and say "mr monkey must want to play." N looks at the monkey toy. Then, she turns her body sideways and stares at the monkey. After a minute, she goes back to her blocks. Take that monkey. You just got the evil eye from an 8.5 month old.

To share a little about our day, we definitely play a lot. We wake up, have breakfast and then we pretend to be airplanes as I "fly" her up to her nursery to pick out something to wear. And, she does pick out her outfits. I give her two shirt options, and two pant options. She intently stares at both before grabbing which one she would like to wear. Most days, she matches. I figure, she is developing independence and character already, so why not? Though, I look forward to the days that we head to the grocery store wearing tutus, rain boots, super hero capes, and sunglasses! I know that is just around the corner.

After that we tend to play and play some more. We throw in a few naps here in there as well. Some days, N sleeps in her swing or pack and play, and others we snuggle up and sleep together. There are enough sheep for us both to count! ;-) Then, we play while we wait for Daddy to come home. Once he gets here, he plays with N while I lay on the couch for a few to recover, I mean rest. Then we do dinner, bath time, play time, etc. Before bed every night, we always give N a massage, read a bed time story and have good night prayers.

Some days, we toss in an adventure to the grocery store, or some other errands. Also, a couple of days per week we head to one of my best friends, J's house. Her daughter and N share the same birthday. They truly are best friends already. When it came time for N and I to head home last week, the girls both cried. They held hands, and they gave eachother kisses while playing that day. Ah, it melted my heart.

 
For my outfit of the day today, I am wearing a grey and white striped shirt... Actually, the same one from our group photo in blog one. That's slightly embarrassing. I swear my closet is larger than it seems! I am wearing express jeans that I got for $15 and snow boots as we have a ton of snow right now. N is rocking a velour grey outfit. The top is a zip up hoodie with a sparkly minnie mouse on it, and she has a long sleeved onesie underneath it with a zebra on it that matches her grey pants! I would upload a photo, but since I took a picture of the laughing monkey, my camera isn't working. Creepy monkey. I'll have my husband take one later, but for now I will upload a picture of N and I from a couple of months ago!

Want to learn a little more about me? Here are some random facts!

~ I was due on Christmas day, but was born on Thanksgiving.

~ My Dad wanted to name me Zignovia, and my nickname be Ziggy.

~ My oldest sister (her birthday is today!) and my brother are one year, one month, and one day apart in age.

~ I went into premature labor with N twice, and spent a good amount of time of super strict bedrest. By the time she was allowed to come, she didn't want to. I was medically induced at 39 weeks.

~ N was born on my Dad's 50th birthday!

~ I always eat meals with N. I don't want her to feel alone.

~ My husband proposed 4 months after we met, we got married 4 months after that, and pregnant 4 months after that. Let me tell you, I practically put myself in a bubble 4 months after that. Luckily, nothing too crazy happened, though we did have to rehome our husky, Stella, as she did not like N at all.

~ N and I always match. I do not do this on purpose!

~ N has a crazy obsession with Mickey Mouse. She doesn't like any other character, though Pluto and Donald Duck are seeming to grow on her a bit.

~ I am competing in Tough Mudder this June!

~ I get teary eyed seeing older married couples, holding hands. I love people in love and all things romantic.

Anyway, I am off to get my gorgeous girl down for a nap. Hoping this blog saves and posts, as I lost it last time! What a weird Wednesday!

Love,
Kailly

"A daughter is the happy moments of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future."

No comments:

Post a Comment