Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Zebra/Crunchy Mommy

A:

Hello! My name is Ashley! I am 24, a wife to MH, and a mommy of one little boy... I shall call him baby C! I live in a small, rural community just a town away from where my husband and I met in college. I am what one would call a "medical Zebra". I have two rare, genetic conditions, which are a big part of my life. I have POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome) and EDS III (Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Type III/Hypermobile type). Unfortunately, both of these syndromes are accompanied by several other "issues", but that's my life and I can't remember ever being any other way. So to me, it's the norm! Life before mommyhood with two disorders was difficult enough, but now life has its own unique challenges. I also just so happen to be a "crunchy mommy". This means that I breastfeed, cloth diaper, baby wear, and believe in natural home remedies. I'm sure you have questions just from that quick little blurb, but as the ASK ladies post more, you will get to understand all of this in a lot more detail. ;) I love Photography, Psychology, and I LIVE for music... ALL music! My faith-life is a journey that is constantly moving in new and different directions, as I learn more and more about myself and discover the true depth of my spirituality. Basically, I love my life. :)

S:

I have known Shannon for almost 7 years now. We met our Freshman year of college in the music department, as Music Performance Majors. When I first met Shannon, in our choir class, I thought this little blonde spit-fire was just too much. But as we got to know each other, I realized what kindred spirits we were, and I invited her to live with me in my dorm, since my roommate never showed up! :) We were pretty much inseparable that entire year! The following year, just before Christmas, Shannon and I were in a terrible car accident as we were on our way "home" to do some Christmas shopping and visit our families. We were also moving some of my belongings back home, as I had decided to take a semester off and move home for a while. We were driving over a mountain pass in some snow, when it suddenly became treacherous and we fish tailed. Suddenly, we smashed the driver's side into the mountain and rolled four times down the road. We were at the peak of the pass and were so close to going over the guard rail, but Shannon's quick thinking saved both of our lives, and I will always be grateful! This accident only brought us closer. I am God-mommy to Shannon's two littles and they make my heart SO happy! Shannon is my sister and one of my absolute best friends! She was a beautiful bridesmaid in my Wedding, and I couldn't have been more elated that she would come across several states just to be there for me! I am so glad to know her. She is quirky, creative, patient, strong and independent. She has dealt with situations in life that I could never imagine surviving and I truly admire her ever-growing strength, and constantly firm faith. 

K:

I have known Kailly for about 12 years now and life has been a whirlwind! She was always the pretty girl in school and I always wanted to be her friend. As we grew up, we only became closer and closer friends. Kailly grew up fast, and is probably THE strongest woman I know. She has faced adversity that many people could never even imagine, and she has come out of all of it as beautiful, strong and courageous as ever. Her faith has only grown because of her circumstances and continuously teaches me about standing strong and not giving up just because something might be a little difficult. She is a wonderful mommy to the most beautiful little girl, whom I adore! We have been through plenty together, ourselves, but I don't even have the time to cover 12 years of our friendship. ;) Kailly was my Maid of Honor and I was hers. This was so special to both of us! Kailly is funny, sarcastic, a total pranskster, and she doesn't even know how beautiful she is. I am so happy to have her in my life and can't imagine not having her in it. She is also my sister and one of my best friends.

Both of these ladies are incredible and I look forward to many more years with them in my life! 

That's all for now folks! I send you each my love and hugs until next time! 

"Our lives are filled with simple joys and blessings without end. But one of the greatest joys in life, is to have or be a friend." - Author Unknown

Love, 
Ashley


Baby C and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment