Sunday, August 18, 2013

Update and Gift Idea With Kailly

Hey all. This is Kailly posting. Long time no post. We have been so busy, I just haven't had time to post. Sorry!!

Anywho, things are good here. N is 14 months and the biggest blessing ever. She is super happy all the time, energetic, smiley, and loves to explore everything! She really is the reason I breathe! She is incredible.

So, a few weeks ago, my cousin had a bridal shower. She is so special to me, so I wanted to do a fun gift for her, and not the normal gift card or quick pick up gift! I really wanted to put a good amount of thought, and love and fun into something.

I looked on the web and Pinterest for an idea. I remembered a while back, my friend N had a sweet idea for the bride of the wedding we were in recently for her bridal shower. So, I started searching online for some ideas. N gave N a basket of candles with poems for life events during the first year of marriage. Well, I decided to spice it up a bit.

I chose to do wine instead of candles. I chose four life events in their first year of marriage for the basket. I chose their wedding night, first fight, first valentines day, and their one year anniversary. Then, I found a long basket, and two wine glasses. I got tons of tissue paper, silver ribbon, white ribbon, and cute paper to write poems on. I chose a burgandy pen, since it is one of her wedding colors, and handwrote them all to be more personal.

Picking out the wine was the best part. I wanted to make sure they had a good selection of white, red, etc. For their wedding night, I chose CupCake. For their first fight I chose Bitch. For their first Valentine's Day, I chose Little Black Dress, and for their one year anniversary, I chose Bliss.

For the poems, I googled wine poems. Now that I look pinterest has them too.

Just to give an example, the wedding night poem is,
 
"The night you have dreamt of is finally here,
The future surrounds you with hope and yet fear.
You've been to the chapel and married your soulmate,
So sip this wine and toast this date.
The night is meant for you each to share,
(Brides name) and (Grooms name)- a perfect pair."

The first fight is a cute poem too.

"Love as you might,
You'll have your first fight.
Drink this wine,
While you make up all night."

I tied all the poems on to the bottle necks with white sheer ribbon. Then I tied a silver sheer ribbon bow around each of the bottles. I also used the silver around each of the wine glasses, and stuffed the basket with tissue paper. Once I liked the layout, I used cardboard wrapped in tissue paper between the bottles to prevent them from shattering on the drive.

Here is a final photo.













Chat with you all soon.
Kailly

No comments:

Post a Comment