Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Three Year Old Tuesday

Hey y'all it's Shannon on another bright sunshiney Tuesday! :) I hope y'all are well and that you have been having a delightful week so far! I just have to confess something ...

.... I'm freakin' out!
.... I can't believe it!
.... How did this happen?! 
 
 My sweet baby boy, Big M, is going to be FOUR TOMORROW?!??!! 

Time just flies so fast!!! It seems like only yesterday I was holding him for the first time and staring into those big blue eyes and blinking back tears as I held my first child, my baby boy, my son close to my heart! I can't believe how big he has grown he started out 19 1/2 inches long and now he stands as tall as my hip! I just am in shock where did the time go? I can't believe he has grown so much he has gotten taller and he is becoming such an amazing young man.

So to my son before you turn four and leave being a toddler behind for good...

 BIG M, You are incredible! You are so smart! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!

 I will always treasure those first beautiful moments when I first saw you on a dark screen just jumpin' and kickin' like crazy in your ultrasound picture. I remember how perfect your little profile was in that first picture of you! I remember dreaming what you would be like and I remember how you would kick and jump all hours of the night in my tummy. I remember when we first met and I held you in my arms for the very first time I remember just holding you and realizing that you were my baby! I will always remember when we brought you home and we heard your precious little baby coos next to us as we slept.
  I remember the day you first pulled up on the couch and stood up lookin' at us so proud just beaming with that big smile of yours. I remember how I used to walk around with you snuggled close to my heart and you just cooing away while I sang to you sweet lullabies and patted your back until you fell asleep against me.

 We listened to your baby coos become one syllable words and now your words have become sentences. You are such a big boy, Boog! I just love you to pieces kiddo! Your daddy and I are so proud of you buddy! You are becoming such an incredible young man! I can only imagine what adventures we will have together in the future! I wish I could just freeze frame this moment and just hold you in my arms forever! But you are getting so big and despite how much I wish I could stop time and how much I wish I could keep you this happy and carefree for always but I know you have an awesome adventure ahead of you I'm just so blessed that I get to be your mama and unbelievably thankful that I get to watch you learn and grow into a young man!

  Boog, you are just the most wonderful, smart little boy that I could ever have hoped for you to be! You make me so proud, honey, and I love you so much! As we say goodbye to three years old and welcome four years old tomorrow I just want you to know that today you are the most amazing 3 year old I've ever known!! I love you Boog, my Big M, I am so thankful and blessed to have you in my life!! I love you baby boy and I can't believe you have gotten so big so fast! Keep that great big smile and always give me super big bear hugs and know that no matter how big you get my arms will always be big enough to hug you and it's always ok to give mommy big kisses on the cheek even when you are all grown up! I want you to always know that mama loves you so much and always will! I'm so amazed by you every single day! You are so wonderful, smart, talented, and absolutely amazing my Big M! So tonight as I tuck you in and give you goodnight kisses the sun sets on your third year and tomorrow when the sun rises we will have a four year old in our house?!! Happy Birthday baby boy we love you so much!!!  
Love you always, forever and a day,
your Mama!


 Sometimes I wish we could just freeze our littles at this age so they will always be little. I wish we could protect our sweet boys and girls from everything scary, gross, and just bad in this world. I wish we could hold their hands forever! I wish we could shelter them from all pain, from all the bullies in the world, from all the rejection that this world offers. BUT we can't... we CAN be there to kiss booboos and scare the monsters out from under the bed, and bake cookies with them and play cars, and give them hugs and kisses, and let them know that they are so loved, and that even though they can't win them all they CAN get up and try, try again, we can remind them that hard work pays off and that they can be anything they want to be, we can remind them that they always can talk to us that we are always here for them because we love them more than they will ever know!


 Though I am reluctant to celebrate another birthday for my baby boy because it means he is not a baby anymore, I am so EXCITED to tell you my baby is going to be four years old tomorrow and he is just getting so big! I hope y'all have a great tomorrow and you remember to hug your littles because they really won't stay little forever.
 


 sending you big four year old smiles and bear hugs from our house to yours ... Shannon and my big birthday boy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment