Saturday, April 6, 2013

Excuse me, breastpump? Please stop talking!

Hey all! Kailly here! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

I have to share with you all something... And, I may be crazy, but, my breastpump talks to me.

As most of you know, I am an exclusive pumper. My daughter didn't want to nurse anymore after a few bouts of mastitis, and instead of fully throwing in the towel, I chose to pump for her. She gets all the nutrients of mommy's milk, and we do it without screaming, crying and refusing to latch. So, I happily pump. I use a Medela Pump in Style Advanced.

Anyway, I pump every 4 hours around the clock, sometimes 5 at night. A few months ago, as I was pumping, I felt like my pump kept speaking to me. It was three in the morning, my whole family peacefully sleeping, and I heard "Kailly, Kailly, Kailly." To say I was freaked out was an understatement. I quickly looked around the room, expecting to see a dark shadow of a scary man holding a knife, or an eery white shadow like figure dancing across the room, but there wasn't anyone or anything to be seen. I called for our Husky, Lylla, to come sit closer to me. With droopy eyelids and a non shaking tail, she came over and went right back to sleep. I figured I was over tired, and losing my mind.

Fast forward to the next day. L is working, N is bouncing away in her jumper, and I am pumping yet again. Then I hear it "hurry, hurry, hurry." My heart starts racing, I peer around the room, nothing. I call Lylla. She wips inside through her doggy door and jumps on the couch next to me. For a minute, her eyes dart around the room. I know she hears it too! But, she quickly settles down, lying with her head on my lap. By this point, I know I've lost it. I stop the pump, wait the ten minutes to power pump and start again. All of a sudden I hear my daughters' name over and over again. I fly off the couch, pump still attached, and go into ninja mode. N looks at me like I am crazy, stops bouncing, tilts her head sideways with her precious mouth dropped open. I can only imagine what she was thinking. Lylla by this point is standing on the couch turning around in circles in a panic (that I caused) before she mis steps and biffs it off the couch. She looks at me, then walks outside. Yep, I made the dog angry. After a few minutes N starts to bounce again, and I sit down to replug in the tubing that flew from the pump.

Once the pump restarts, I start hearing the talking again. I look at my pump and say "It's you! Creepy thing." Now, I officially think I've fallen off the deep end. When L came home from work, I said to him "Babe, I think I have lost my mind. I think I am crazy. My pump? Well, it talks to me. And, it is freaking me out!" He chuckled. "Babe, you really are losing it. I think it's time you make more friends." Hmm... thanks hunny.

Later that night, as our princess slept, I pumped away. Out of no where, L says "Kailly, I think your pump is calling you a bad word." I look at him, look at my pump, look back at him and say "it totally is. I'm glad you realize that the thing talks!" Now, he hears it often, and tells me what it is saying.

So, I really thought I was crazy the other day, when I kept hearing it speak sentences. So, I googled. Apparently tons of women hear their pumps too! Lord have mercy, I am not going crazy!! Or, I am, and others are too!

Hope you all enjoy your weekend! See you again Wednesday!

Oh, stop back by tomorrow! We are announcing our next giveaway!!!!!!!!

Love,
Kailly

No comments:

Post a Comment