Saturday, April 13, 2013

It All Started With a Yellow House

Hi everyone! I hope you are all enjoying your weekend! This is Kailly! We took N to the zoo today! She just turned 10 months old on Thursday, so you may think she wouldn't enjoy it, but she looked at everything, waved to animals, and smiled and laughed at them too! Her favorite animal is a giraffe. It has been since birth. She loved feeding the giraffes lettuce today! She smiled so big, and kept petting him! It was precious! Don't worry, we washed her hands like crazy afterwards! And, the zookeeper said it was completely fine for her to pet him! Her least favorite was the Emu. She saw it, stared for a minute, and then shook her head "no" and gripped my arm for dear life. Needless to say, we skipped the bird house!

Anyway, I thought since you know so much about N, you may want to know how she came about. Oh no, I'm not going into those details. I meant, how my husband and I met.

L and I met in August 2010. It all started with a yellow house. I bought my dream home in a small town in Colorado. I was so excited about it! My closing date was quickly approaching, which was also finals week for me. My realtor called to remind me about getting my insurance set up, so my binder would be all ready to go on time. I told her I would call my insurance agent. I called her back with the rate he had quoted me, and she told me that was ridiculous. She gave me a number and told me to call and speak to someone. I called, asked for the person she recommended, and was passed on to one of his employees. This guy ran a quote for me, had a much better rate, so I decided to use him as an agent, and switch my car to the company he found as well for the discounts. A few days later I received a phone call that he had left the company. Good news, everything was done. They just needed my payment information to get my auto started, and that was that. On the phone came L.

He told me about Snapshot, which Progressive offers. I told him I would give it a shot, as I love saving money, and didn't drive a ton at the time with my work schedule. He said he had to ask me some questions. I was on a break from work, so I was sitting in my car. These questions were pretty silly so I was making jokes as I answered them. The first question was "do you ever drive between Midnight and 3 am?" To which I replied "only when I've been drinking." He was laughing so hard, and I was too. He asked if I was single, which I was. He then said that he liked to go to movies. I told him I liked movies too, and maybe we should go sometime. He agreed. I had to get back to work so we quickly hung up. I wondered if he was serious and if he would ever call back. He had my cell number, but I didn't even think to ask for his. An hour or so later my phone vibrated. I checked and it was him asking if I was serious about going out. Obviously, I was! I tried to play it cool, so I waited a bit before responding, and told him I was. We decided to meet at PF Changs three days later.

In the meantime, we texted one another often, and chatted on the phone. I felt he was too good to be true, and he felt the same way. The morning of our date, it hit me. I had no idea what he looked like. We were basically going on a blind date. I had to work that day, but after my shift I changed into jeans, touched up my makeup and hit the road. We talked on our drives, and I started to worry. I was SO nervous I was shaking. I got to dinner before he did so I waited in my car. He told me what he was driving, and ended up parking next to me. Dinner was awesome. Felt like I was with my best friend that I had known for years. We chatted, laughed, and decided to head to my apartment to watch a movie. Of course, I had boxes to the ceiling all over the place. Luckily, he understood.

We went on a brief hiatus a few months later. It's a super long story, but I wasn't sure if we would ever get back together. Five days later, we were brought back together. Believe me when I say that is a whole other blog topic, so I won't even go into it right now. L had said, if we ever got back together, it was for forever. Three weeks later, he proposed at Zoo Lights at the Denver Zoo. My two favorite things are Christmas lights and the Zoo, so it was perfect. Four months later, we were married, and four months after that we were expecting our blessing, N!

L and I lighting our unity candle at our wedding
 
 
So that is my short but sweet story of how we met. I just read this to L, and he said I should title it "how I met my prince charming." Haha. Goofball.


 

My family- Nov 2012
 
 
Love, Kailly

No comments:

Post a Comment